We’ve seen first hand how extreme poverty denies so many in the developing world of the chance to fully use their talents. That’s why we invest 50% of our profits towards elevating humanity. Doing great work for the greater good is the animating force that unites us and brings even more meaning to elevating brands.
Purpose is the great multiplier of talent—the greater the purpose, the greater the talent. It is our purpose to create meaningful brand experiences, to nurture the talent of our people and to elevate others who live in extreme poverty.
Senior Studio Designer/Studio Designer
You are both detail-oriented, as well as a well-oiled machine that is highly versed in mechanical print production and prepress production operations. You know how to talk to print vendors, Creative Directors, and even the Account Team. You know how to be the hub that gets the project out the door. You provide daily support for the Creative Department in creating mechanicals for print ads, DM, packaging, event collateral, as well as comping ads for presentations and new business pitches. You are also willing to lend a hand when needed and provide additional support to a designer in preparing visual presentations by designing art and copy layouts. Design will be required, but the bulk of the work is good steady retail production mixed with toolkits and design. You excel most often when your day changes a dozen times—you thrive in the wonderful chaos of the studio.
• Partners with Creative Directors and Designers on creative concepting and blowing out a chosen creative direction into additional elements
• Produces press-ready final art for assorted print projects to include packaging, advertising, collateral, and assembly of mock-up and prototypes
• Understand the brand—ready to become the resident expert on all things using the brand guidelines, specs, style books, etc.
• Provide design acumen on a variety of retail projects
• Responsible for preflight of final files and creating mechanicals
• Complies with quality standards and asset management protocol for the team as set forth by the department
• Participates in discussions and applications of workflow process improvements
• Responsible for staying abreast of trends in production and design
• Attends and facilitates pre-production meetings as needed
• Manages proper server organization and job naming
• Collaborates with internally and externally throughout the lifecycle of a project to ultimately deliver flawless execution of final output
• Attends press-check when applicable
• Knowledge of color profiles and high end color management software
• Knowledge of four color printing process and working on specialty pieces
• Ability to work with color correction and font management
• Loves being a part of a team
• Mastery of Adobe Suite—Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat
• Any understanding of any other software programs is a plus—let us know what you know
• B.A./B.S four-year college or university; A.A.S two-year; OR equivalent combination of experience
• 4+ years in retail or agency environment preferred